Pyramids of Giza, Sphinx, El Khalili and Felucca cruise
Pyramids of Giza, Sphinx, El Khalili, amazing museums and Felucca boat cruise
7 night’s bed and breakfast from £2950pp
Discover Cairo’s culture and history as you experience a delightfully packed holiday full of memorable destinations, between the perfect blend of the old and new you’ll be spoilt for choice. Everywhere you go and look there is evidence of an intriguing and complex history. Visit the world’s only remaining wonder of the ancient world on a private tour to the pyramids of Giza. See the Pyramids and the Sphinx emerge from the darkness of the edge of a windswept desert. Float on the Nile on a Felucca cruise, See the world’s largest collection of ancient Egyptian artefacts, and visit the engaging Coptic museums where history is made vivid.
- Explore one of the most spectacular wonders in Cairo as you visit this ancient part of the world on a private tour to the pyramids of Giza.
- Tour the amazingly vibrant El Khalili Bazaar and revel in the energetic dance performances while you soak in the colours and fragrances of the city.
- Experience a beautiful sunset lit over the Nile whilst you float on one of the oldest types of sea crafts, the Egyptian Felucca.
- View the historical account of Cairo by touring the cultural and religious artefacts of the Coptic museum in one of the oldest parts of Cairo.
- All experienced will be escorted throughout the whole trip by experienced tour managers.
- Return scheduled flights from London Heathrow, with regional connections available.
- Excellent quality, hand-picked three and four-star hotels.
- Daily breakfast
- Round-trip airport shuttle
• The price of this holiday is based on two people sharing a double or twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability and will include a supplement fee per person. The price includes seven nights’ accommodation, including breakfast in three and four-star hotels; half-board, scheduled direct flights to Cairo.
• British passport holders can obtain visa upon arrival at any of the Egyptian ports of entry.
• Contact your GP around 8 weeks before your trip to check whether you need any vaccinations or other preventive measures.
• Whilst the travelling schedule shall pose no problems for people of any age in normal physical condition, we should like to point out that we often enjoy walking tours of the various places of interest and these may involve a number of steps and uneven ground. Therefore this holiday may not be suitable for clients of greatly impaired mobility. Please bear this in mind before considering this holiday.
You should arrive at the airport for your flight to Cairo.
Visit the World Famous Great Pyramids and Sphinx of Giza
Today’s visit begins by viewing the world-famous, Great Pyramid and Sphinx of Giza, you’ll marvel at the majestic sight of the towering structures and guarding statue as you learn more about one of the most celebrated civilizations in human history. – the Great Pyramid of Giza holds its distinguished honor of being the world’s tallest man-made structure for more than 3,500 years; learn more about the ancient tomb of Pharaoh Khufu from your private guide. Admire also the 2 neighboring pyramids of Khafre and Menakaure and understand more about life in the ancient Egyptian ruling classes.
Journey across the plateau and enjoy the beauty of Cairo shimmering scenery, perfect time to capture precious photographs of an inspirational keepsake to take away with you.
Felucca cruise on the River Nile
Enjoy and participate in a customary yet private tour of the River Nile on one of the city’s popular pastimes. Board a felucca, a wooden sailing boat made distinct by its large board sails and enjoy the ride. Admire Cairo from its famous waterway inside this popular mode of transport, idyllically passing through the cities culture and learning more about its history from your private guide.
As you Cruise along the majestic river, just as the Pharaohs did thousands of years ago, glimpsing historic sights on the banks you’ll learn more about the river’s essential role in the growth and development of the Egyptian civilization.
Take advantage of your guide’s local and historical knowledge or just use the time to lean back, relax and soak up the atmosphere – observing the busy river traffic as it floats by.
Visit old Khan el Kahilili Bazaar
Venture into a world of Egyptian antiquities and discover world-famous relics, including the legendary gold mask that rested over Tutankhamen’s mummy, at the world’s largest museum of Egyptian artefacts.
Visit the Egyptian Antiquities Museum and view its 120,000 treasures and the star of attraction, the tomb of Tutankhamen. Study the Pharaoh’s 6 gold-gilded coffins and the legendary gold mask placed over his mummy.
Head down the narrow passageways and alleys of the 600-year-old Khan el-Kahlili Bazaar. Listen to the vendors calling out from behind their stalls and take in the aroma of spices and shisha mingling with the sound of North African music.
Explore impressive treasures at the Egyptian Museum
Today you’ll journey through Egypt’s past with a private guided tour of the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, home to the largest collection of ancient Egyptian artefacts and Pharaonic antiquities. A great opportunity to learn 6,000 years, worth of history with a personalized tour through the different departments arranged in chronological order and view the vast collection of 120,000 Egyptian antiquities where you’ll be amazed by Tutankhamen’s possessions as you visit his tomb. Admire his 6 gold-gilded coffins and the legendary gold mask that rested over his mummy, the most renowned attractions of the museum.Journey through history past the Old Kingdom monuments, through the Middle and Modern Kingdom exhibits and into the late period. Here, see the Greek- and Roman-period memorials, coins, papyrus, sarcophagi and scarabs.
Journey to the ancient city of Memphis
Embark on a trip to see 2 of the country’s most important archaeological sites on a tour tailored tour to explore the ancient city of Memphis – once the capital of Egypt and founded by Pharaoh Menes around 3,000 BC– and visit the Pyramid of Djoser, built during the Third Dynasty in Saqqara.
Discover this legendary city, once believed to be watched over by the god Ptah, patron of craftsman. Follow your guide to its impressive temple of Hut-ka-Ptah and hear legendary stories that bring the place back to life.
View the vast, ancient burial ground of Saqqara and admire its world-famous step pyramid. The oldest in Egypt, it was built during the Third Dynasty, around 2,600 BC. Your guide explains how it was used as a prototype for those at Giza and shows you the prime minister’s tomb and a queen’s pyramid. Each tells a fascinating story and offers a glimpse into the lives of the ruling classes.
Venture to Old Cairo
Explore the history of the Christian faith in old Cairo through archaeological sites and cultural exhibits. Visit some of the oldest religious buildings in the country and learn about the Copt people as your private guide provides you with a personalised trip
Uncover the story of the native Christians of Egypt. Begin at one of the oldest churches in the country, the Hanging Church, built on the ruins of a Babylon citadel. Marvel at the vibrant murals and the marble pulpit. Continue to the Church of Abu Serga, regarded as the final resting point of the Holy Family on their journey to Egypt. See the restored Ben Ezra Synagogue, the site traditionally believed to be where Moses was pulled from the Nile, for insight into Jewish Egyptians.
Examine more of the Coptic culture in a museum dedicated to their customs. With over 16,000 artefacts, including manuscripts, textiles, examples of the ancient Coptic language, pottery and more, it’s easy to get an impression of their traditions.
You arrive back in the UK after an extraordinary tour.