Beautiful Marrakech monuments, Agadir & Palm Grove adventures
Beautiful Marrakech monuments, Agadir & Palm Grove adventures
5 nights bed and breakfast from £559pp
Marrakesh is Morocco’s most intoxicating city with its rose-coloured buildings, wealth of monuments and labyrinthine souks. We take a journey across the scenic High Atlas mountain range, then go back in time and discover some of Marrakech’s historical sites like the Koutoubia Minaret, the El Bahia Palace and the tombs of the Saadian princes then pamper yourself with an authentic Moroccan soothing hammam (bath) and spa experience. We will also pass through Berber villages and experiencing one of Morocco’s most spectacular sights. We also spend the day at one of Morocco’s popular beach resorts. This trip won’t be complete without a shopping trip with your very own personal shopper; you’ll see world-class interior design and fashion, and taste delectable cuisine in Marrakech a treasure trove of exotic goods, gourmet food, and bustling locals.
- Experience an authentic villages to experience local Moroccan life whilst on a memorable camel ride through the beautiful Palm Grove.
- See magical sights of Marrakech monuments with characteristic Moroccan architecture that spans centuries.
- Get front seats to panoramic views of the stunning Atlantic Coast whilst on a tour of Agadir.
- See the vibrant city in all its glory on a Marrakech city guided tour.
- All experienced will be escorted throughout the whole trip by experienced tour managers.
- Return scheduled flights from London Heathrow, with regional connections available.
- Excellent quality, hand-picked three and four-star hotels.
- Daily breakfast
- Round-trip airport shuttle
• The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a double or twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability and will include a supplement fee per person. The price includes five nights’ accommodation, including breakfast in three and four-star hotels; half-board basis, scheduled direct flights to Lagos.
• British passport holders will not require a visa to enter Morocco if you staying for 90 days or less.
• Important note: Health authorities recommend vaccination against cholera and yellow fever from all visitors. Anti-malaria prophylactic is also recommended.
• Contact your GP around 8 weeks before your trip to check whether you need any vaccinations or other preventive measures
• Whilst the travelling schedule shall pose no problems for people of any age in normal physical condition, we should like to point out that we often enjoy walking tours of the various places of interest and these may involve a number of steps and uneven ground. Therefore this holiday may not be suitable for clients of greatly impaired mobility. Please bear this in mind before considering this holiday.
You should arrive at the airport for your overnight flight to Marrakech.
Discover Marrakech palaces and monuments
We will take you back in time and discover some of Marrakech’s historical landmarks. Our knowledgeable guide take you on a journey around surrounding the city’s illustrious buildings. We will visit the austere Koutoubia Mosque and its minaret – a beautifully proportioned example of Hispano-Moresque art rising 80 metres into the sky. We also discover the El Bahia Palace, a 19th-century building with a 2-acre garden and a haphazard arrangement of inner courtyards and apartments. We see and learn of the Saadian Tombs, which are intricately decorated with engravings, colourful tiles and Arabic script. Witness the collection of art historian Bert Flint on display in the Tiskiwin House, a marvellous exhibition of native crafts from the caravan routes in the Atlas and Saharan regions. To quench our thirsts we stop for a drink a glass of mint tea on the way, see some craftsmanship.
Camel Ride in Palm Grove Adventure and Moroccan spa & soothing hammam
Today we go on a fascinating tour through the incredible Palm Grove of Marrakech. We trek with a dromedary camel through authentic villages and oasis-like landscape. Donning your cheich (protective turban veil), you and your sturdy new camel friend trek safely through the palm groves past villas, deluxe properties and Berber homes. We take a sit back with a refreshing glass of mint tea at the home of one of the local Berber families before heading back to the city.
After the great adventure you’ll be whisked away to enjoy some rest and relaxation, pamper and cleanse yourself with an authentic Moroccan spa experience. Loosen your muscles, let your pores open and allow your skin to breathe in the hammam steam room. After an exfoliating body scrub and a long comforting massage, with the use of authentic Moroccan products such as Argan oil, beldi and rhassoul, you are sure to feel refreshed and revitalised.
Agadir, Beach Resort and Souks
We’ll leave the hustle and bustle of Marrakech behind to make the most of your time in Agadir, the “Miami of Morocco” and spend the day at one of Morocco’s most popular beach resorts; while away the afternoon on a private beach. A lounge chair and parasol will be waiting for you. Awaken your senses with a swim in the ocean or take a stroll down the long promenade as you soak up the vibrant atmosphere.
We’ll have a 2 -course lunch on the golden beaches of the Atlantic Ocean, a guided tour of the city’s highlights or meander through the marketplace. Marvel at the panoramic views of the bay and people-watch in the bustling marina as you refresh yourself in the soothing Atlantic breeze.
Moroccan Dinner & Show in a Riad
Our last night in Marrakech will be an evening filled with Moroccan cuisine and tradition, you will be taken to the palace of Menzeh Dada, located close to the famous Jemaa el-Fnaa, Menzeh Dada palace is the former home of a pasha, now a stylish riad (house). Admire its beautiful interior as you are escorted to your table and get ready to just relax and enjoy a Moroccan world of food, music and dance. All you will need to do is sit back, relax and savour an authentic four-course dinner – with four different tagines – while enjoying Moroccan duo play oud and tam-tam, enjoy a live performance with an exotic belly-dancing performance.
Moroccan Cooking & Market Shopping Experience
After you have a lovely lie in and delicious breakfast we will be whisking away to learn how to prepare and cook traditional, succulent Moroccan specialities. We will visit a vibrant local market for ingredients, and under the watchful gaze of a local cooking tutor who will create a tasty shared meal for everyone to enjoy at the end of the lesson.
Delve into the world of spice and fragrance as you learn to balance the flavours of cumin, turmeric, paprika and cinnamon. Begin at a local market to hand-pick your fresh vegetables and, laden with ingredients, proceed to the nearby kitchen.
Work step-by-step with your knowledgeable teacher to prepare the dish of the day – a tagine of lamb, chicken or beef. Once the meal has been perfected, serve it in a traditional earthenware pot and enjoy. Leave armed with all the required tips to recreate the delicacies in your own home, ready to impress friends and family.
You arrive back in the UK after an extraordinary tour.