Family Marrakech: Monuments, Berber villages & Agadir
Family Marrakesh: Monuments, Berber villages & Agadir
7 nights bed and breakfast from £959pp
Marrakesh is Morocco’s most intoxicating city with its rose-coloured buildings, wealth of monuments. Discover some of Marrakesh historical sites like the Koutoubia Minaret, the El Bahia Palace and the tombs of the Saadian princes. Escape the Marrakech crowds for a day, passing through Berber villages and experiencing one of Morocco’s most spectacular sights. Journey through the Desert in style either by an exhilarating Quad bike experience or a Relaxing and enlightening Camel ride. Finally, this trip won’t be complete without tasting the delectable cuisine in Marrakech–a treasure-trove of exotic goods, gourmet food, and bustling locals.
- Visit the historical landmarks like the Koutoubia mosque and the El Bahia Palace
- Experience the breath-taking three tier Ouzoud Waterfalls ranging 360 feet tall
- Adventure on an exhilarating Quad biking experience across the luscious desert landscape.
- See the vibrant city in all its glory on a Marrakech city guided tour.
- All experienced will be escorted throughout the whole trip by experienced tour managers.
- Return scheduled flights from London Heathrow, with regional connections available
- Excellent quality, hand-picked three and four-star hotels
- Daily breakfast
- Round-trip airport shuttle
• The price of this holiday is per person, based on two people sharing a double or twin room. Single rooms are subject to availability and will include a supplement fee per person. The price includes seven nights’ accommodation, including breakfast in three and four-star hotels; half board basis, scheduled direct flights to Lagos.
• British passport holders will not require a visa to enter Morocco if you staying for 90 days or less.
• Important note: Health authorities recommend vaccination against cholera and yellow fever from all visitors. Anti-malaria prophylactic is also recommended.
• Contact your GP around 8 weeks before your trip to check whether you need any vaccinations or other preventive measures
• Whilst the travelling schedule shall pose no problems for people of any age in normal physical condition, we should like to point out that we often enjoy walking tours of the various places of interest and these may involve a number of steps and uneven ground. Therefore this holiday may not be suitable for clients of greatly impaired mobility. Please bear this in mind before considering this holiday.
You should arrive at the airport for your overnight flight to Marrakech.
Marrakech historical landmarks
Discover some of Marrakech’s historical landmarks, where you will be enlightened and intrigued by the city’s illustrious buildings. We visit the austere Koutoubia Mosque and its minaret; a beautifully proportioned example of Hispano-Moresque art. We discover the El Bahia Palace, a 19th century building with a 2 acre garden and a haphazard arrangement of the inner courtyard. See the Saadian Tombs, which are intricately decorated with engravings, and the collection of art historian Bert Flint on display in the Tiskiwin House, a marvellous exhibition of native crafts from the caravan routes in the Atlas and Saharan regions. Share a glass drink of mint tea on the way, see some craftsmanship or visit a Berber apothecary.Go back in time and discover some of Marrakech’s historical landmarks. Your knowledgeable guide enlightens you on the intrigue surrounding the city’s illustrious buildings. Partake in one of North Africa’s most famous traditions as you drink a glass of invigorating mint tea.
Trip to the Ouzoud Falls
We take a trip away from the city for a day in the peaceful, natural setting of Ouzoud Falls, a breath-taking part of the country. Green valleys, mills, orchards, caves, gorges from the river El Abid and happy apes in their natural habitat make this private tour a perfect day out. The tiered series of three waterfalls plunges from 110 metres above, its wide-to-narrow streams splashing into the river below. A short walk takes you to the top of the falls where we can admire the beauty of the nature beneath your feet. Here we can also have lunch in a Berber restaurant and enjoy the falls from its terraces. Later, visit a local mill before hiking along the river to the cave. Have your camera ready to capture the cataracts and rainbows that can appear near the bottom of the waterfalls.
Camel ride Palm Grove
Partake on this fascinating tour through the incredible Palm Grove of Marrakech. As we trek on a camel through authentic villages and oasis-like landscape, while enjoying a delicious glass of mint tea in a Berber home. Enjoy this Camel adventure and hear legend tales of how this area was the site of a military camp, where soldiers ate dates that had been carried from the pre-Saharan oases. The discarded pits were what created the palm groves of Marrakech. The group, yourself and your sturdy camel friend will trek safely through the palm groves past villas, deluxe properties and Berber homes. Sit back with a refreshing glass of mint tea, before heading back to the city.
Amazing Rural Berber Experience
Discover the rural Berber life south of Marrakech at the famous Kik Plateau, a rocky outcrop with inspiring views of the region where you can view indigenous settlements and culturally significant buildings. Trek into the Atlas Mountains and climb to the village of Asni at (3770 feet). We’ll take a pause here for refreshments and savour the views of the snow-capped peaks towering above you. Binoculars wouldn’t go a miss as your stop at Tagherghout Nature Reserve yields where you’ll appreciate the golden eagles, vultures and falcons. Enjoy lunch at a famous restaurant in Ouirgane before seeing Moulay Brahim, a well-known place of pilgrimage. Arrive at the limestone Kik Plateau and marvel at the valley and the Lalla Takerkoust reservoir below.
Finally, we see the Tin Mal Mosque, a symbol of Berber culture and a significant building in their rich history, before your drive back to Marrakech
Quad biking Adventure through the Desert
For a fun packed adventure day we will motor out across the desert landscape to the flourishing Palm Grove area. We will cross the varied terrain, glimpse traditional Berber settlements while enjoying stunning views on this quad-biking adventure.
After the safety briefing, we then Journey out of the city on the 25-mile route as we manoeuvre the quad bike through the rugged terrain toward the destination, where you get to appreciate the colourful and rich landscape of the Palmeraie. As we navigate through the rich variety of lands we’ll glimpse the palm groves, rocky outcrops and dried-up riverbeds, which will remind you of the early caravan route. Then speed back out of the wilderness to the gorgeous city life.
You arrive back in the UK after an extraordinary tour.